We have had a busy few weeks. I had my board exam (the test that determines if I learned enough the last few years) last Thursday which has been taking most of my free time. I took it in Phoenix, so we visited with Allison's parents for a couple of days and on the way back north to Flagstaff, we decided to take Julia on her first camping trip.
We found a nice little site just north of Sedona (where the nights were about 50 degrees, not 30!). After setting up, we went for a hike.
![]() |
| Looking back towards Oak Creek Canyon |
![]() |
| Hi Mom! |
![]() |
| What is this place? |
![]() |
| A Happy Camper |
After getting back into town, we went to our first NAU football game. Unfortunately we pushed our luck and Julia was a little tired and not a fan of the people and noise. No pics from that!
Today, I hiked Humphrey's Peak, the highest point in Arizona. I wanted to get up there before the snow really started coming in on the mountain.
The views were incredible above the treeline, including the fall colors of the Inner Basin.
If you squint while looking at the next pic, you will see a long horizontal line at the horizon - that is the Grand Canyon, about 50 miles away.
And some summit self-portraits.
I will post a full report with more Humphrey's pics on In Search of Thin Air later this week for those that are interested.
Happy Fall!
Notice the different colors of the same trees. This is because all of the yellow trees are clones of each other. It is pretty interesting, for more, read here. It's under the ecology section.











0 comments:
Post a Comment