Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our weekend

As I'm sure all of you have, we had a fairly busy weekend.  Allison and Julia went down to Phoenix late in the week to see AZ Grandma and Grandpa, do some shopping and meet someone for the first time.

Stranger Danger!

And as it gets closer to Julia's first Christmas, she is being a good sport sitting in front of the tree and playing with wrapping paper.

What's this new toy?

And although she spends most of her time on her feet, she is starting to be a little more mobile on her belly. Unfortunately, she has only mastered reverse!

Oh no!


Back I go

Allison and Julia didn't get to have all of the fun though.  Since the dogs and I had a night to ourselves, we decided to try some winter camping.

At the trailhead


We hiked up Kendrick mountain, one of the local peaks. It was nice and comfortable in the 40s when we started, but I think it got down to about 10 degrees overnight.  Was a bit chilly at 10,000+ feet.

I have to go where?


It was a great hike with awesome views of the Grand Canyon and Humphreys Peak,

The North Rim


P1040878


We kept warm with a nice fire and had a hearty dinner of steak and eggs. Dogs too! They enjoyed the people food treat.

Keeping warm


The sunset was awesome. Made the cold worth it.

Hell of a view


It was a great night and there is nothing like having a mountain to yourself.

A dark night


I'll probably post a more detailed report at some point on In Search of Thin Air as well, if interested.

Although I'm sure we will post before Christmas, Happy Holidays to you and yours.

I hate you so much...


Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reaading your blog. What great pictures of the mountain, it would be great to have it all to yourself. I see you have transistioned to fatherhood great well...have fun this Christmas. Miss you...
Jodi and the gang..
Justin got into CRNA school at UMKC. Starts this June...Good for him.

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

I ADORE the picture of Julia and Santa. Her face is priceless. I can see both her mommy and daddy in her sweet face.

My dad would love to go hiking with you. He would love the COLD too. Brrr...I would prefer the shopping with the girls.

Cheers~
e