Sunday, November 1, 2009

Fall update

Fall Update from Allison

It’s a Girl!!! I know almost all of you know that but it has been a while since a Blog Update. At first I did not want to find out the sex of the baby, but after seeing how cute all the little baby boy and girl clothes are while shopping I decided I’d prefer pink or blue things instead of all green, yellow or white. This will be the 4th granddaughter for Arizona Grandma and Grandpa.

Happy girls

I finally got to meet my sister's newest baby and see my other nieces for the first time in almost 2 years. They had definitely grown a lot since seeing them last. It was a quick weekend trip but we had fun buying Halloween costumes, getting pedicures, making cookies and catching up with my sister who is a very busy lady!!

With Alivia
With the girls




Other not so exciting things that Andy and I have been up to is painting our kitchen!!! We have been putting off this project ever since we moved in. I was tired of the dingy white cabinets with gold knobs and new repainting would brighten up the kitchen. We’re about halfway done, so far I think it looks great!

On a recent weekend I had my college friends Melissa, Dana, Audrey and Katherine to visit.

Plaza

They came from Chicago, Indianapolis and California. It was everyone’s first trip to Kansas City ever. Although the weather was a bit disappointing (very cold!), we still had a great time catching up with each other.

At the plaza

Oklahoma Joes

What's up

My friends even surprised with the help from Andy with a surprise baby shower!! I got a bunch of cute baby clothes and books. And of course lots of suggestions for baby names!! Thanks guys!!

Cake
Gifts

A couple of weeks ago we went to Bloomington for a BabyGate...Think of a tailgate + baby shower.  It was great to see our friends and we had a great time. 

Young IU fan, poor soul
Anna and Daddy
See, I won't drop the baby

The next day Sonja and Audra threw a shower for me with all of Andy's family.  The food was great, the games were fun and Baby O received a lot of nice things.  Always wish I had more time to visit with everyone.  (Those pictures are on Alex and Sonja's Flickr page)

Finally, we had a couple of nice days in Kansas City and we were able to get some raking done.  Exciting times!  Andy didn't let me rake much, so I took pictures.

That's some good chewing
Dex
Oscar and Dexter

0 comments: