Monday, September 6, 2010

What's missing from this picture?

Who is missing from this picture?
This Labor day weekend we had a nice visit from my mom. She was kind enough to watch Julia for the evening on Saturday night and Sunday morning. Andy and I had a wonderful dinner Tinderbox Kitchen to celebrate my birthday on Saturday night.

Grandma had it easy Saturday night, Julia slept the whole time we were gone. Then on Sunday morning Andy, Dexter and I hiked up Mt. Elden. This was the first extended amount of time Julia had been away from me since she was in daycare. Grandma and Julia had a great time together, Julia even napped for Grandma!
Oscar did not have a nice time, he was upset he did not get to go hiking with us, he does not understand he is too old to hike up tall mountains.

Mt. Elden was a tough hike for me and as usual I lagged behind Andy and Dexter. Can I still use the excuse that I just had a baby?

Bringing up the rear
Windy on top of mt. elden

Overall we had a nice visit with my mom. On Saturday afternoon we explored downtown Flagstaff and enjoyed the work of several local artists at the galleries and the art fair. Our favorite artwork was the beautiful pressed glass made by Judi Hartman.

Julia continues to grow and grow. She is not pulling herself up yet or crawling but she loves to stand!

Big Girl
Another big girl picture

0 comments: