Sunday, September 12, 2010

Yard work...in a rental (and Julia, of course)

Yes, although we are currently in a rental house, I have decided to undertake a landscaping project.  I just couldn't take the backyard anymore.

The owner is paying for it, and those that know me, know I like backyard projects.  The Deck, anyone??

The Deck

The Deck

But now, after monsoon season, the weeds were out of control and the yard was becoming overgrown.  So, after removing the weeds and the rocks/boulders (/my poor back),

pre-work

after prepping


after deweeding


I ordered 4 yards of gravel, put down some weed preventing fabric, and put in some plants...

the path


landscaping
no, I wasn't marking my territory

one bed down
one bed down...


looking good


much to do


But as you can see, there is much work to do.  After all of this, the grass will have to wait until spring!

Now, on to the good stuff.

While taking a break from working, the dogs were burning some energy wrestling and Julia thought it was hilarious.  Of course, she was mostly done laughing by the time I got my phone out to record it, but we still captured some of it.



She also continues to enjoy her toys.  She's getting so big (to us!).

linking my toys

0 comments: